Subscribe!
To Celebrity Health & Fitness

Get the Latest News
on Health, Beauty,
Fitness & Fashion by Email! Free!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

   
 

Celebrity Health & Fitness

Subscribe to Celebrity Health & Fitness's Free Newsletter
FITNESS

Kelly Rowland Reveals 70-Pound Loss After 4 Months: Her Diet and Workout Secrets

kelly rowland weight loss diet

Kelly Rowland’s weight loss secrets are an 80/20 diet, SoulCycle sessions and workouts with fitness trainer Jeanette Jenkins.

Kelly Rowland credits an 80/20 diet and exercise sessions with her trainer Jeanette Jenkins for her 70-pound weight loss just four months after giving birth to son Titan.

“Jeanette Jenkins is the secret, SoulCycle is the secret,” Rowland told Extra. “Jeanette comes in with so much energy and this huge smile on her face and you can’t help but to get excited about working out.”

Kelly is a longtime client of Jeanette Jenkins, creator of the bestselling workout DVDs, The Hollywood Trainer: Cardio Kickboxing and Sexy Abs Cardio Sculpt.

Rowland, who gave birth in November 2014, doesn’t believe in starvation diets, saying she eats well 80% of the time, and cheats the other 20%.

“The 80/20 rule is all the way real,” said the former Destiny’s Child singer. “Eighty percent of the time you eat those foods giving you nourishment, you’re eating clean, and twenty percent of the time, have guacamole, a ton of it like I do, and a margarita and maybe queso too!”

Before getting pregnant Kelly worked out five to six days a week, Examiner reported.

“I work out five or six times a week,” said Rowland. “I feel better, look better, sleep better. As I’m getting older, the Rowland family trait of having bigger bottoms is taking its toll on my hips and butt. Exercise really does change your body.” Kelly-Rowland-Shape-Magazine-thumbThe 5-foot-8 Rowland doesn’t like to deprive herself, and instead prefers to eat well most of the time while still enjoying her favorite foods.

“When I want a steak, I grill some Portobello mushrooms and put a little goat cheese on them,” said Kelly. “And I’ve learned to satisfy my sweet tooth by replacing Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups with half a tablespoon of almond butter on half a banana.”

Rowland, who’s married to talent manager Tim Witherspoon, said being a mom is fantastic. “The best part of being a mom is being Titan’s mom,” Kelly gushed. “Titan is a pretty incredible kid.”

Related: Beyonce’s trainer reveals her vegan diet, weight loss and workout secrets



TOP HEALTH NEWS
TOP FITNESS NEWS
TOP FEATURES


advertisement

advertisement
advertisement