Nicole “Coco” Austin showcased her tiny waist and impressive post-baby weight loss on Instagram just two months after giving birth to daughter Chanel.
Coco gained 13 pounds while pregnant, and lost it all just 10 days after Chanel in November 2015. Austin said the secret to her speedy weight loss was a healthy pregnancy.
Coco followed a vegan-based fruitarian diet and did light exercise such as walking and Pilates while pregnant, as Celebrity Health & Fitness previously reported.
“My goal was to make pregnancy look positive, fashionable, cute, fit and healthy every step of the way,” Austin told fans on Twitter.
Before getting pregnant, the 5-foot-2 Austin said she weighed 135 pounds, and her measurements were 39 DD-23-40.
Coco said her weight loss and fitness secrets are a portion-controlled high-protein diet, weightlifting, yoga, and cardio exercise on the treadmill and stationary bike.
Austin also does corset waist training, which Kim, Khloe and Kourtney Kardashian have credited for their recent weight loss.
Waist training, or the “Corset Diet,” is a weight loss trend some women use to winnow down their midsection.
“This is a remarkable way to train your waist to be smaller,” said plastic surgeon Dr. Alexander Sinclair, who claims some of his patients have lost up to six inches wearing a waist trainer.
Coco’s weight loss tips, diet and exercise regimen include the following, Examiner reported:
- My cardio regimen consists of 25 minutes of sprinting on the treadmill 3 times a week or I take a boxing, Zumba, kickboxing, dance or body-sculpting class. I even take my dogs jogging at the park. I try to confuse my body & not repeat my routine every day.
- I wear a sauna sweatsuit to the gym and sweat it out for 30 minutes on treadmill sometimes. I feel 5 pounds lighter. It’s mostly water weight that you lose but it’s also rejuvenating and detoxifying.
- I don’t diet! I just eat small portions of food throughout the day & don’t eat a lot of sweets. I start the day w/yogurt or oatmeal and fish oil pills.
- Lunges, lunges, and more lunges are the best way to keep your butt and thighs tight. I hold 10-pound weights in each hand when I do mine.
- Protein is key to losing weight & also building muscle.
- The only way you’ll see ripped abs is eat less fattening foods. PERIOD! You don’t have to take all fats out, just lower your intake of meals a little. I do ab exercises 5 days a week then top it off 20 min cardio.
- In order to get in shape fast u have to incorporate weight training and cardio together. Don’t skip one. You’ll burn more calories.
- Throw on 10-pound ankle weights when u can! Try it when walking your dog. This really tones the legs.
- An aerobic workout will boost your metabolism for hours afterwards. Moving your body will burn the fat off your abs. I love the treadmill.
- Add 30 minutes cardio to your workout. I like the treadmill and stationary bike. Sprint for 5 minutes as hard as you can, then back off for a min. Repeat.