Nicole “Coco” Austin spotlighted her tiny waist and 13-pound post-baby weight loss in a waist trainer while holding daughter Chanel in an Instagram selfie (see photo).
In the Feb. 4 photo, Coco shows off her hourglass figure in a black waist trainer as she cradles a sleeping Chanel.
“[Waist] training and watching my baby simultaneously,” Austin wrote in the caption. “The Coco way. Loving motherhood.”
Coco, who gave birth in November 2015, lost all her baby weight just 10 days after delivery.
Austin gained just 13 pounds while pregnant, and lost it all in two weeks, thanks to diet, exercise and waist training, as Celebrity Health & Fitness previously reported.
Austin said her main weight loss secret was a healthy pregnancy. Coco stuck to a vegan-based fruitarian diet and did light workouts such as walking and Pilates while pregnant, Examiner reported.
Before pregnancy, Austin’s fitness secrets were a high-protein diet, weightlifting and cardio exercise on the treadmill and stationary bike.
Austin also does corset waist training, which Kim, Khloe and Kourtney Kardashian have credited for their recent weight loss.
Waist training, or the “Corset Diet,” is a weight loss trend some women use to winnow down their midsection.
“This is a remarkable way to train your waist to be smaller,” said plastic surgeon Dr. Alexander Sinclair, who claims some of his patients have lost up to six inches wearing a waist trainer several hours a day.
Coco’s weight loss tips, diet and exercise tips and tricks include the following:
- My cardio regimen consists of 25 minutes of sprinting on the treadmill 3 times a week or I take a boxing, Zumba, kickboxing, dance or body-sculpting class. I even take my dogs jogging at the park. I try to confuse my body & not repeat my routine every day.
- I wear a sauna sweatsuit to the gym and sweat it out for 30 minutes on treadmill sometimes. I feel 5 pounds lighter. It’s mostly water weight that you lose but it’s also rejuvenating and detoxifying.
- I don’t diet! I just eat small portions of food throughout the day & don’t eat a lot of sweets. I start the day w/yogurt or oatmeal and fish oil pills.
- Lunges, lunges, and more lunges are the best way to keep your butt and thighs tight. I hold 10-pound weights in each hand when I do mine.
- Protein is key to losing weight & also building muscle.
- In order to get in shape fast u have to incorporate weight training and cardio together. Don’t skip one. You’ll burn more calories.
- Throw on 10-pound ankle weights when u can! Try it when walking your dog. This really tones the legs.
- An aerobic workout will boost your metabolism for hours afterwards. Moving your body will burn the fat off your abs. I love the treadmill.
- Add 30 minutes cardio to your workout, Coco suggests. I like the treadmill and stationary bike. Sprint for 5 minutes as hard as you can, then back off for a min. Repeat.