Cardiologist Dr. William Davis said you can enjoy rapid weight loss and prevent cancer, heart disease, diabetes, arthritis and Alzheimer’s by following a wheat free, gluten-free, low carb diet.
“It’s not sugar or fat that is making you pack on the pounds,” said Davis, who said eating wheat makes you gain weight by increasing your appetite and making your body store fat.
Dr. Davis, author of Wheat Belly Total Health, said a low carb wheat free diet protects your heart and brain, gives you glowing skin and produces natural weight loss.
According to Dr. Davis, the wheat we consume today is totally different from the wheat our parents and grandparents ate because it has been scientifically engineered. He said today’s “Frankenwheat” raises your blood sugar more than table sugar and most candy bars.
Surges in blood sugar is what causes weight gain, belly-fat storage, diabetes, arthritis and lupus. Davis said a wheat free diet has the following health benefits:
- Better skin.
- More energy.
- Less brain fog.
- Less joint pain.
- Fewer digestive problems.
The Wheat Belly Diet includes the following:
- Plenty of healthy animal fats, including those from chicken, cheese and eggs.
- Lots of nuts, including pecans, walnuts and almonds.
- Unlimited quantities of colorful vegetables like broccoli, peppers and mushrooms.
- Restricted intake of high-sugar foods like rice, lentils and most fruits.
Dr. Davis shares 200 wheat-free delicious, nutritious recipes in his companion book, the Wheat Belly Cookbook.