Kate Middleton, the Duchess of Cambridge, opted for an epidural-free natural childbirth when she delivered daughter Charlotte Elizabeth Diana, Examiner reported. Charlotte weighed 8 pounds, 3 ounces at birth.
Kate gave birth May 2 at London’s St. Mary’s Hospital, just two and a half hours after going into labor.
“[The delivery went] remarkably well,” said a source, who added that the speedy delivery “was a surprise to all.” A team of doctors were on call in case there were complications.
Middleton, a longtime health and fitness fanatic, also chose natural childbirth and did not use an epidural when Prince George was born in July 2013.
The superift Kate did prenatal yoga, followed a healthy low-carb diet and remained active during both her pregnancies.
In 2013, Middleton lost all her baby weight less than two months after giving birth to George with low-carb diet, walking, running and yoga workouts, Examiner reported.
Low carb diets such as the ketogenic, Paleo and Atkins diets fuel rapid weight loss by forcing the body to burn fat for fuel, said obesity expert Dr. Eric Westman, co-author of Keto Clarity.
Here’s a rundown of Duchess Kate Middleton’s makeup, fitness and beauty secrets:
- To keep her skin wrinkle-free, Kate uses Trilogy Rosehip Oil on her face.
- Middleton applies DHA-free Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in bronze to give herself a sun-kissed glow.
- To prevent stretch marks, Kate rubbed Bio-Oil on her belly both during and after her pregnancy.
- To make up her signature smokey eyes, the Duchess uses Urban Decay Naked eyeshadow palette and Lancome Hypnose mascara to keep her skin glowing and minimize pores
- To keep her skin glowing and minimize pores, Kate uses Karin Herzog Oxygen Face cream.
- Middleton did pregnancy yoga to prevent excess weight gain and keep her body toned.
- Kate’s pre-pregnancy fitness secrets were a low-carb diet, walking and yoga.
- Kate covers her gray hairs with a vegetable-based hair dye instead of a chemical-based product.
Kate Middleton’s chic fashion style is detailed in the book Kate’s Style: Smart, Chic Fashion from a Royal Role Model.