Kristin Cavallari, who’s pregnant with her third child, said sex is the secret to a happy marriage, and discussed her Paleo-style diet secrets for weight loss and health.
Kristin, who’s married to Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler, said she and her husband make time for each other despite their hectic schedules.
“You gotta have sex — men need it, and it’s important for the relationship,” Cavallari wrote in a blog post for Cricket’s Circle. “It doesn’t have to be all the time, but you have to get it in there sometimes!”
Kristin continued: “It’s so important to make time for each other, even if it’s just waiting to eat dinner after the kids go to bed. And even if it’s takeout, light a candle and make an effort to connect.”
Cavallari, who lost the 20-plus pounds she gained just two months after giving birth following both her pregnancies, follows a Paleo-style diet that eliminates processed foods, as Celebrity Health Fitness has reported.
“I try to eat healthy 80% of time, and the other 20%, I eat what I want,” said Kristina. “Though I never eat certain additives or GMOs, so no low calorie or diet foods because they are usually full of chemicals. I eat anything as long as it’s in its natural state – butter and bacon? Oh yes!”
Cavallari said her post-baby weight loss secret starts by following a healthy diet and exercising while pregnant.
“I try to maintain the 80-20 balance while pregnant,” said Kristin. “You have to enjoy it and give into cravings, but I continue to work out through pregnancy (at a much lower impact). I give myself a free pass the 2 weeks after having the baby, then get back on the 80-20 plan.”
Cavallari said her breakfast is usually a smoothie, oatmeal or eggs, while lunch is a salad or turkey sandwich. Kristin also snacks most afternoons, enjoying nuts with dried cherries, chips with hummus, or an apple with almond butter.
Kristin also eats plenty of healthy, Paleo-approved fats like olive oil, avocados, and coconut oil. “I also love avocados with olive oil and sea salt and I put coconut oil in or on everything,” she said.
Fitness expert Robb Wolf, author of the bestselling The Paleo Solution, said Paleo isn’t a fad diet because the emphasis is not on calorie restriction, and it provides a healthy balance of protein, vegetables and high-quality fats.
“Clinical trials have shown the Paleo diet is the optimum diet that can lower the risk of cardiovascular disease, blood pressure, markers of inflammation, help with weight loss, reduce acne, promote optimum health and athletic performance,” said professor Loren Cordain, author of The Paleo Diet for Athletes and The Real Paleo Diet Cookbook.
Cavallari said she began working out just three weeks after her second son, Jaxon, was born (in May 2014).
When she’s not pregnant, Kristin exercises 30 to 45 minutes, four to five days a week, incorporating Pilates, weightlifting and lots of squats and lunges.
The slimline 5-foot-6 blonde beauty previously revealed she’s so obsessed with clean eating that she eats fast food just twice a year.
Interestingly, Cavallari thought she looked fat when she starred on the reality TV show “The Hills” in 2009, and slimmed down dramatically a few years ago after seeing an unflattering photo of herself.
Kristin has come a long way from “The Hills.” She’s now a successful designer with her own clothing line and shoe collection.