Dr. Oz detailed his Total 10 Anti-Aging Plan on the Dr. Oz Show, where he shared his anti-aging wrinkle-fighting tips and weight loss diet secrets.
“It’s proven that when you look good, you feel good,” said Dr. Oz.
Dr. Oz said his Total 10 anti-aging plan works with his 2-week rapid weight loss diet, which helped two million people lose 8 pounds in 14 days.
Dr. Oz’s guest was Liz Vaccariello, the editor-in-chief of Reader’s Digest. Vaccariello, author of The 21-Day Tummy Diet, shared some simple steps to jump-start weight loss and give you younger-looking, supple skin:
1. Add anti-aging berries to your breakfast. Blueberries, blackberries, raspberries and strawberries are rich in antioxidants and protect your skin against damaging free radicals while accelerating collagen production. Dr. Oz’s Total 10 Breakfast Smoothie (recipe and ingredients):
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons protein powder
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed oil
- ½ cup frozen banana
- ½ cup berries
- ½ cup ice
2. Consume two tablespoons of wheat germ oil, which contains lots of the antioxidant vitamin E. Wheat germ oil protects brain and eye health and gives your skin a dewy glow, said Vaccariello. Dr. Oz also said wheat germ oil is rich in fiber, which aids weight loss.
3. To promote collagen production and prevent wrinkles, Dr. Oz said inexpensive over-the-counter retinol creams work wonders. Liz said you should be able to see a difference in your skin after using a retinol cream three times a week.
4. Use an (AHA) alpha hydroxy acid cleanser to clean and exfoliate your skin. Vaccariello said alpha hydroxy acids brighten your complexion by giving your skin a youthful glow.
5. To minimize dry, thinning hair, Dr. Oz suggested using dry shampoo, which lifts hair and adds volume. When you don’t have time to wash your hair, the dry shampoo keeps it looking and smelling clean until your next shower.
By combining the Total 10 anti-aging plan and Total 10 rapid weight loss diet, Dr. Oz said you can enjoy a natural 8-pound weight loss and a younger-looking complexion in 2 weeks.