Fitness expert Liz Vaccariello said you can melt belly fat and enhance weight loss with a few simple tricks.
In her book, 21-Day Tummy, Vaccariello said what’s missing from most diets is something called “skinny-gut” bacteria, which helps you lose weight and enhances your overall health.
When the bacteria in your gut gets out of balance, you gain weight and fuel inflammation, which causes obesity, diabetes, heart disease and cancer.
Vaccariello said getting enough fiber, healthy fats, and magnesium will activate the skinny-gut bacteria in your body, fueling weight loss and melting belly fat.
1. Get enough magnesium. Vaccariello suggested eating a tablespoon of pumpkin seeds, chia seeds or flax seeds with your breakfast.
You might also add a 400 mg magnesium supplement, which feeds the skinny bacteria that promotes a flat belly. It’s better to split the dosage up, as too much magnesium all at once can cause diarrhea.
2. Eat high-fiber fermentable carbs. Foods such as brown rice, polenta and quinoa accelerate digestion, and reduce belly fat.
3. Consume enough MUFAs (monounsaturated fatty acids). Monounsaturated fatty acids are fantastic for weight loss because they reduce inflammation and prevent your belly from storing fat. Liz commended olive oil, avocados, olives or dark chocolate.
4. Eat green bananas. Liz said green bananas are powerful belly fat fighters because they contain a lot of resistant starch, which dramatically curbs hunger and makes you feel fuller, longer.
Green banana smoothie recipe:
- 1 green banana
- 1 cup almond milk
- 3 pitted dates
- juice and zest of 1/2 lime.