Danica Patrick is hailed for her athletic good looks, and she diets and exercises daily to maintain her fit bikini body.
Danica shares her workouts, meals and diet tips on Instagram with her legions of loyal fans. Patrick’s fitness secrets are yoga, CrossFit workouts and the Paleo diet.
The Paleo diet limits processed foods and emphasizes non-starchy vegetables and high-quality proteins like wild salmon, grass-fed beef, real butter and pastured eggs.
Danica’s Instagram photos show the stunning race car driver enjoys Paleo meals that include eggs, avocados, leafy green vegetables and salads, bacon, beef, chicken, pork and seafood.
Like other Paleos, Danica does enjoy cheat meals, in line with the Paleo philosophy of 80/20 (i.e., eat well 80% of the time, and you can cheat the other 20%).
Other celebrity Paleos include Jessica Alba and Jessica Biel, as Celebrity Health Fitness has reported.
Both credited a low carb, Paleo based diet for their rapid post-baby weight loss and striking beauty.
Weight loss expert Esther Blum, author of Cavewomen Don’t Get Fat, said Paleo doesn’t emphasize calorie restriction and provides a healthy balance of protein, vegetables and high-quality fats that help women manage hormone fluctuations.
A video posted by Danica Patrick (@danicapatrick) on
Clinical trials show the Paleo diet aids weight loss, prevents heart disease, lowers blood pressure, and reduces acne, said Loren Cordain, author of Real Paleo Fast and Easy and The Real Paleo Diet Cookbook.
Danica also is a huge fan of CrossFit workouts and yoga, she revealed on Instagram.
“I prefer Crossfit!” wrote Patrick. “But I feel best when I have a little bit of everything — strength, endurance, and flexibility. So [yoga] is just natural progress.”
Yoga promotes natural weight loss by reducing stress, building lean muscles and suppressing appetite, said Olivia Summers, author of Yoga For Weight Loss.
Danica Patrick follows the same approach to yoga as she does to other aspects of her life: “Practice practice practice, and let go of the fear of failure!” she wrote on Instagram.