|Malaika Arora Stunning at 45 (Click Photos to Enlarge!)|
Bollywood actress and dancer Malaika Arora is fit and toned at 45 with a dancer’s body that would rival Jennifer Lopez’s. She credits a workout regime and disciplined lifestyle for her incredible condition and looks.
Surprisingly, she says she doesn’t diet. Instead, she says she follows simple principles– eat healthy and in moderation.
She also says the key to health and fitness includes giving some time everyday to yourself no matter how busy life gets.
“I don’t believe in any of the fad diets I read and hear about. I just follow simple principles when it comes to my diet,” she tells author Shvetha Jaishankar for her book “Gorgeous: Eat Well, Look Great.”
Eat Healthy and in Moderation
- Early morning: Warm lemon and honey water and a litre of water for detoxification, about 30 minutes after lemon water.
- Breakfast: Bowl of fresh mixed fruits with idli (rice cake) or upma (porridge) or poha (rice flakes) or multigrain toast with egg whites.
- Snack: A glass of fresh vegetable juice, two slices of brown bread toast and egg whites.
- Lunch: Brown rice and/or rotis (stoneground wholemeal bread) with vegetables, sprout salad and chicken or fish.
- Evening Snack: Peanut butter sandwich.
- Post Workout: Banana and protein shake.
- Dinner: Bowl of soup with steamed veggies and salad.
Arora’s career breakout came as a VJ when MTV India launched. She also hosted shows such as Club MTV and later co-hosted with Cyrus Broacha the shows “Love Line” and “Style Check.”
She is most famous in India for dancing in the songs “Chaiyya Chaiyya” (1998), “Gur Naalo Ishq Mitha” (1998),” Maahi Ve” (2002), ‘Kaal Dhamaal” (2005) and “Munni Badnaam Hui” (2010), according to a bio.
She’s appeared as a judge on several talent shows and currently serves as a judge and often performs on the show “India’s Got Talent.”
She has one son, Arhaan, born in 2002 with then-husband, Bollywood actor-director-producer Arbaaz Khan. They married in 1998 and divorced in 2016.
She’s also appeared in cameos in nine films, produced three others and appeared in 17 films as a dancer, which is huge form of entertainment in India. He most recent dance performance was in this year’s film “Pataakha” (“Firecracker”), a 2018 Indian Hindi comedy-drama.
Needless to say, her dance career requires her to be in top condition and Malaika is a fitness fanatic.
She varies her exercise routine, but works out daily. For three days a week, she usually starts with a 20-minute cardio session to help boost metabolism, burn fat and keep her weight under control. Her weight and strength training is designed to stay toned.
She alternates on three days with Yoga and Pilates for 30 minutes to an hour, Swimming and dancing (jazz, ballet, hip-hop) are also a part of her fitness routine.
She often publishes exercise videos on social media. Check out one of her workouts videos and a dance video below.